Tiny Footprint Coffee, the world’s first carbon negative coffee. Through a unique collaboration between Roastery 7 and the Mindo Cloudforest Foundation, one an Artisan coffee roastery and the other a nonprofit conservation organization, the two teamed up to create the ultimate combination of good karma. So, how is our coffee carbon negative you might ask? It’s simple, really. It takes 4 lbs. of CO2 to produce and distribute 1 lb. of our coffee. For every pound that’s sold, we donate a portion of the proceeds to fund reforestation in Ecuador’s Mindo cloud forest. Over time, these trees will remove 54 lbs. of CO2 from the atmosphere. You see? More CO2 removed than emitted. Our reforestation efforts along the Northwestern Andes of Ecuador help to plant native tree species throughout the Mindo Cloud Forest region in heavily deforested areas. These trees not only sequester massive amounts of carbon from the air, but also provide habitat to hundreds of local bird species, reinforce soil conservation techniques, and rebuild water tables. The Mindo Cloudforest Foundation works directly with local landowners to provide jobs related to the care and redevelopment of the cloud forest. Making coffee great takes time, effort and passion. At Tiny Footprint Coffee, we pour endless hours into sourcing the finest, sustainably-grown Arabica coffee beans from around the world. Beans that are not only shade-grown, but also organic certified, and most often fair-trade or Rain Forest Alliance certified. We also purchase coffee from small, family-owned farms that are not fair-trade eligible, yet grow some of the most beautiful, best tasting coffees on the planet. We do all of the roasting and training from our roastery in Minneapolis, MN where we’re working hard to make the entire roastery carbon negative – from fully bio-degradable coffee bags, high-efficiency lighting and fuel-efficient ribbon burners on our roaster, to composting coffee grounds and reducing waste around the shop.
- The world’s first carbon negative coffee: For every pound that’s sold, we donate a portion of the proceeds to fund reforestation in Ecuador’s Mindo cloud forest. Over time, these trees will remove 54 lbs. of CO2 from the atmosphere as well as provide habitat for native plant and animal species
- 100% Organic Shade-Grown Arabica Coffee
- We source coffee seasonally from across the globe in order to create blends with the freshest, highest quality beans
- Flavor Profile: Smooth and rich with a full, chocolate-laced body infused with caramel that’s balanced by bright citrus notes for a pleasing, sweet finish
- Craft Roasted in our vintage 90 kilo German-built Probat drum roaster retrofitted with modern fuel-efficient ribbon burners, delivering perfectly roasted coffee every time