This deep demanding roast challenges even the most experienced roasters at Peet’s. Watching listening and smelling the beans throughout the long slow process Peet’s masterful roasters wait patiently for the brief moment when the premium beans reach dark-roasted perfection. Selected for their depth and density only the best high-altitude coffees from Latin America and the Pacific are strong enough to hold up to the intense roasting. Peet’s Italian Extra Dark Roast coffee is vigorous with immense depth and texture. Its full-bodied flavor is ideal for espresso and it comes to life nicely in a classic Italian stovetop coffee maker. Whole beans ensure you can enjoy the best flavor possible by grinding at home immediately before use.
- WORLD BLEND: Named for the dark roasting style common in southern Italy, this deep, demanding roast is truly an art to achieve. Flavor notes: Smoky-sweet, intense, perfetto
- OBSESSED WITH FRESH: From the beginning, Peet’s Coffee has roasted the best coffee beans we can find with quality in mind. We also care for the communities that grow & harvest those beans, because coffee is better when it is grown & sourced responsibility.
- BREW LIKE THE BEST: Brewing the best cup of coffee starts with finding your favorite roast or blend. Whole beans or ground coffee, dark, medium or light, single origin or a blend? Try a variety & find the best brew for the morning mug or afternoon pickup.
- LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK ROAST: Brew a pot of Peet’s ground or whole bean coffee in a blend & roast perfect for your tastes. Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied.
- COMPARE WITH: Eight O’clock, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, Organic Coffee Co., Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Koffee Kult, Copper Moon, Community Coffee, Kauai Coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee, Ethical Bean Coffee, Don Tomas Coffee, Caza Trail Coffee, Hygge Coffee Co.