Organic French Roast Whole Bean 12 Ounce Bag – Roasted Fresh To Order
Certified organic French Roast is a very dark-colored oily bean full of body and vigor, and a noticeable charred flavor, due to the long roasting process these dense beans endure.
Our story begins in 1995 – a story not so different from many other entrepreneurs and dreamers. At the time, finding great tasting, fresh roasted coffee was surprisingly elusive. So, Doug Zell and Emily Mange decided to do something about it. They didn’t set out to change the world, just a small corner of it.
Relocating from San Francisco, they opened their own coffeebar and retail store in Chicago’s eclectic Lakeview neighborhood. Roasting their coffee in-store, with equipment that was more antique than state-of-the-art, they honed their craft, seeking nothing less than perfection in every aspect of the experience. Little did Doug and Emily know that what started as a way to connect with people and the community in an intimate, personal way would blossom into something that would help shape an entire industry.
Fast forward 21 years, and Intelligentsia still holds true to the values that have inspired us since day one. We’ve grown, We’ve evolved, but we certainly haven’t changed. Through our coffeebars, Roasting Works, and training labs, we now make our home in six quintessential American cities, each possessing distinctive characteristics that resonate within the Intelligentsia brand.
- THE BLEND – Certified organic French Roast is a very dark-colored oily bean full of body and vigor, and a noticeable charred flavor, due to the long roasting process these dense beans endure
- ROASTED FRESH TO ORDER – Order From Intelligentsia Coffee Inc! –> Our Amazon orders are roasted fresh to order! We want our coffee to arrive to you as fresh as possible to deliver the best tasting coffee you can get, please allow us a few days extra to get these fresh beans on their way! Only way to ensure you get the freshest coffee is to make sure it’s “Sold by: Intelligentsia Coffee Inc” when you add to cart!
- FLAVOR PROFILE – Extended roasting yields a semi-sweet, heavy-bodied coffee with a lasting impression of pipe tobacco and black strap molasses
- WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT – We didn’t adopt Direct Trade practices because it’s a trendy way to do business; we introduced the concept to the coffee industry. Our commitment to Direct Trade allows us to cut out unnecessary importers and exporters, and enables us to truly partner with our growers. We meticulously collect data, insights, and best practices from all of our growing partners and share them to improve overall quality.
- OUR PROMISE – We know you take your coffee seriously and you order from us because you like the best cup of coffee you can get, so if there is ever a point where you are unsatisfied, please reach out to us! We want to make sure you are getting the freshness and quality you deserve