In the early 2000s, we started delivering fresh-roasted coffee beans out of the back of a Peugeot station wagon to friends in the San Francisco Bay Area. We’ve grown a little since then and, improbably and delightfully, we have dozens of cafes, from Tokyo to New York City. More than fifteen years later, we’re still dedicated to bringing our guests coffee at the absolute peak of deliciousness. First, we work closely with farmers and producers around the world to source the finest direct trade coffees we can find. Then, we roast them to our exacting flavor standards before finally serving them to you. We think it’s a privilege to deliver the coffees we love, by farmers we admire, into your hands or onto your doorstep.
- FLAVOR PROFILE: Bella Donovan is a heavy, comforting, deeply fruited blend consisting of beans from Ethiopia, Sumatra, & Papua New Guinea. Our most popular blend, it features notes of raspberry, chocolate, & molasses for a fruity, earthy, & dark flavor.
- CONSISTENT BLEND EVERY TIME: Because coffee ripens at different times of the year, blend components change with the seasons to optimize freshness. Our Quality Control team tests every batch from the roastery to ensure that a blend tastes as it should
- THE FUTURE OF COFFEE: Our pressure-sealed cans remove 200 times more oxygen-#1 enemy of freshness-than a standard paper bag, locking in just-roasted deliciousness. The coffee beans inside are just as fresh and beautiful as the coffees in our cafes.
- SUSTAINABLE SOURCING: Blue Bottle Coffee has been sourcing, roasting, & serving delicious coffees since 2003. We work directly with farmers around the world to source our coffees as responsibly as possible & then package them in 100% recyclable cans.
- THE IDEAL COFFEE: These beans are perfect for pour over, French press, coffee maker, AeroPress, Chemex, espresso, cold brew, & more. Compare our freshness & flavor to other coffee brewing methods, including coffee pods or instant coffee