Traveling overseas in the 1970s, Garry Schuil experienced a cup of coffee unlike any he’d ever tasted–remarkably better than the low-grade coffees sold in the U.S. at the time. So in 1981, long before you knew what a latte was, Garry started importing and roasting the world’s best arabica coffee beans and became the first coffee roaster in Michigan focused on high-scoring coffees (aka “specialty” coffees).
Garry cared about bean quality, roasting consistency, and product freshness and wanted to provide all of it at a great value. Several decades later, the Schuil team remains committed to upholding Garry’s vision and legacy. Discover for yourself why discerning coffee drinkers pass up the big brands and choose products from our small, family-owned company proudly based in Grand Rapids, MI. We import high quality, Fair Trade and certified USDA Organic coffee from around the world–regions like Colombia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Indonesia, and Ethiopia just to mention a few. Over the years we have perfected our roasting techniques and offer our beans at a variety of roast levels such as light roast coffee, medium roast coffee and dark roast coffee. Schuil also proudly roasts unique and exotic flavored whole beans and flavored ground coffee, such as chocolate coffees, fruity coffees, nutty coffees, creme coffees, spiced coffees, and over 14 flavors of holiday blend coffee.
COMPARE WITH: Eight O’clock, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, Organic Coffee Co., Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Koffee Kult, Copper Moon, Community Coffee, Kauai Coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee, Ethical Bean Coffee, Don Tomas Coffee, Caza Trail Coffee, Hygge Coffee Co., Death Wish coffee, black rifle coffee, Stumptown, La Colombe, Intelligentsia
- DUTCH BREAKFAST BLEND: We created a specialty gourmet breakfast blend coffee using a mixture of Colombian coffee beans and Central American beans. This blend is considered a dark roast coffee and has notes of bittersweet dark chocolate with balanced acidity.
- LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK WHOLE COFFEE BEANS: Brewing the best cup of coffee starts with finding your favorite roast, blend or flavor. We roast a variety of whole bean coffees to create premium coffee blends that are rich and full of flavor. Our Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied
- ESPRESSO BEANS & GROUND COFFEE: We believe that the best cup of coffee should be enjoyed with friends and family. We only roast the best coffee beans so they can be enjoyed as espresso beans for your favorite latte when you are spending time with friends or as your daily morning ground coffee roast or breakfast blend coffee at home. Our coffees are made for a coffee pot, french press, espresso maker and cold brew coffee.
- ROASTED IN MICHIGAN: Since 1981 Schuil Coffee Co. has been sourcing the highest quality exotic coffee. Schuil is a family owned coffee roaster dedicated to quality, roasting consistency and freshness. We proudly roast our fair trade coffee in small batches in Grand Rapids Michigan. Give our specialty coffee a try to and discover for yourself what a difference good coffee can make!
- ROASTED IN SMALL BATCHES TO GUARANTEE CONSISTENCY: We are committed to provide our customers with fresh roasted coffee. We roast our coffee in small batches to ensure that each bean of coffee is of superior quality and roasted evenly to our desired specifications. Our process draws out the best possible flavor in each and every batch. Small batch roasting permits a higher quality standard in coffee throughout the complete process: from picking the beans to roasting each small batch to perfection